Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Food stamps? Try Gas Stamps!

  1. #21
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food stamps? Try Gas Stamps!

    It should rile you up, but at the same time, I just feel she was "grouping" the military and the truly disabled in that category. Let's face it, I could go up to the food stamp office and get food stamps and stuff such as that, I just choose not to. I make it on my 1400 bucks a month without that. It's kinda like the coal miner's in the 60's and 70's when they went on strike over contract issues, I make it on what I get and not what is given to me.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food stamps? Try Gas Stamps!

    LOL, you are really funny sometimes. I am not "going former poster" on you or anyone else. Be proud of your stimulus check. I never brought him up in this thread, you did. He must still get under your skin still. How long has it been? Well over a year since he was on here.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food stamps? Try Gas Stamps!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It should rile you up, but at the same time, I just feel she was "grouping" the military and the truly disabled in that category. Let's face it, I could go up to the food stamp office and get food stamps and stuff such as that, I just choose not to. I make it on my 1400 bucks a month without that. It's kinda like the coal miner's in the 60's and 70's when they went on strike over contract issues, I make it on what I get and not what is given to me. </div></div>

    You feel I was grouping them in together??
    This convo has been tossed around enough over the years that you should know by now that I dont think that way, and I even said as much in this very thread (go back a page and read all the posts, not just a few here and there). I've always said it's the "milkers" and the able bodied that are the problems.

    Add to that you could have asked me to just verify it before you made an assumption.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food stamps? Try Gas Stamps!

    Just noting the similarities. Oh yeah,don't be so sure that it was him I referred to. The queen of the conspiracy afro-diety would be a good one to wager on [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  5. #25
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food stamps? Try Gas Stamps!

    Uh, sorry, but I don't drink, nor do I do drugs, except for the ocassional tylenol and how do you know a zanax will help? I don't see a "shingle" hanging over your door.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food stamps? Try Gas Stamps!

    hahaha...this thread is hilarious

  7. #27
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food stamps? Try Gas Stamps!

    Ok, I have had enough fun on the thread. I know I have ruffled some feathers about this topic. I actually agree with what was being said on here and was only trying to spark some debate on here about the whole thing. It seems the only debate I got was from a couple of people who I think kinda took some offense to it. Sorry if I offended anyone. That was not my intention.

    I just wanted everyone on here, including any media personnel especially, to see that this is only a very opinionated discussion forum and that it is most all the time useless to search for real news on here. I got the idea from the current thread on the OTF and probably should have told a mod about it sooner. Although I got a good laugh at it at the time. I mean, really think about it, Do you all really think that I could go off the "deep end of the ocean" so quickly on one thread?

  8. #28
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food stamps? Try Gas Stamps!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of you all don't have the balls to join. It seems you are afraid of that one clause in the enlistment contract stating you could be called to go to war anytime. </div></div>

    Seriously, get off the military thing already. We are glad you helped our country, but we dont give a [censored] anymore and dont like hearing about it every [censored] time we log on.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food stamps? Try Gas Stamps!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    The difference between the rebate check and welfare payments (of whatever sort) is that the rebate checks were our tax dollars coming back to those who earned it. Welfare is our tax dollars going to those who haven't worked for it. </div></div>

    Exactly, why do some keep reffering to rebate checks as a form of federal aid???? They are simply some of your own tax dollars given back to you...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  10. #30
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Food stamps? Try Gas Stamps!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    The difference between the rebate check and welfare payments (of whatever sort) is that the rebate checks were our tax dollars coming back to those who earned it. Welfare is our tax dollars going to those who haven't worked for it. </div></div>

    Exactly, why do some keep reffering to rebate checks as a form of federal aid???? They are simply some of your own tax dollars given back to you... </div></div>
    What was the phrase you used the other day on the Old Timer's Forum? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •